The Daffodil Perspective Awards is a new annual classical music award system dedicated to celebrating historically marginalised music and musicians, all completely ignored by the classical music industry establishment.
The awards will honour recordings of music written and brought to life by marginalised voices in classical music, specifically women composers and conductors, BAME (people of colour) composers, conductors and musicians.
The first Daffodil Perspective Awards will cover recordings released in 2019 with the winners announced in April 2020.
- Albums of exclusively female composers
- Gender balanced albums (at least 40% women composers including airtime and number of composers)
- Albums by female conductors
- Albums of BAME (BIPOC) composers
- Albums by BAME (BIPOC) musicians/conductors
See the spreadsheet below for the lists of all eligible recordings
Shortlist announced 1st March 2020.
Winners announced 1st April 2020.
Current Ideas for Categories
- Single composer recordings
- Various composer recordings
At the moment the plan is to create a shortlist from all eligible recordings. The shortlist will be announced and then a public vote for the winners.
Would you like to be a judge?
Is there a recording missed off the lists above?
I am also looking for funding and/or sponsors for the award.
Contact me below for all queries.
Watch this space for more info, updates and developments coming soon!
Here’s to a more gender balanced and diverse future.